Scotland Village/ Scotland Lane
B32 - Grid reference SP008808
Scotland Farm lies south-west of the junction of Frankley Lane and Merritts Hill. The 1851 Census records a small community largely of nailmakers at Scotland Village, which presumably lay at the south end of Scotland Lane near Scotland Farm. The origin of the name is unknown.
William Dargue 19.11.2008/ 16.09.2011
For 19th-century Ordnance Survey maps of Birmingham go to British History Online.